Partner International Federations
Para Football is working to create a network of international federations governing the different types of football for persons with disabilities. As recognised federations they contribute to the development of football opportunities and have goals that are aligned with the Vision and Mission of Para Football.
Membership is open to international federations who are the governing body of a format of football for persons with disabilities. The purpose of the cooperation is to work collaboratively and strategically for the development, growth and improved recognition of Para Football globally.
- To share ideas, good practice and to work collaboratively to grow opportunities in football for all players with a disability
- To be sensitive to the individual circumstances faced by each member of the international federation, but to support and to work in the interests of the wider Para Football landscape.
- To foster a relationship with football governing bodies including but not limited to FIFA (the world governing body for football), 6 regional confederations and National Associations/Federations.
- To foster a relationship with Para Sport governing bodies including but not limited to the IPC (the world governing body for para sport), 5 regional committees and National Paralympic Committees (NPC).
Partner International Federations Group
The current members of this group are:
- Federation Internationale de Powerchair Football Association (FIPFA)
- Football International Federation for Players with Down syndrome (FIFDS)
- International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA)
- International Football Committee on Mental Health (IFCMH)
- International Federation of Cerebral Palsy Football (IFCPF)
- International Federation of Skate Soccer (IFSS)
- World Amputee Football Federation (WAFF)
- World Intellectual Impairment Sport (Virtus)
Further organisations may be added to the group as we move forward
International Organisations of Sport for the Disabled (IOSD)
Below are the additional IOSDs who are currently part of the Partner International Federations Group
- Cerebral Palsy International Sport and Recreation Association (CPISRA)
- International Wheelchair and Amputee Sport Federation (IWASF)
- Sports Union for Athletes with Down Syndrome (SU-DS)