Para Football Steering Board
Para Football’s Steering Board, is made up of the international federations responsible for their sport’s worldwide governance and development, ensuring a united approach to provide football for all.
Working together through Para Football, this cooperation and collaborative approach will create more effective and sustainable ways of working, along with increasing the awareness of all ways to play football. Each federation brings a wealth of experience, skills, and expertise to the partnership, creating a platform of teamwork for the positive development of the game.
Para Football Steering Board members
International Federations (IFs)
Members of the Para Football Steering Board:
- Deaf International Football Association (DIFA)
- Federation Internationale de Powerchair Football Association (FIPFA)
- Football International Federation for Players with Down syndrome (FIFDS)
- International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA)
- International Federation of Cerebral Palsy Football (IFCPF)
- International Football Committee on Mental Health (IFCMH)
- International Federation of Skate Soccer (IFSS)
- World Amputee Football Federation (WAFF)
- World Intellectual Impairment Sport (Virtus)
Further international federations may be added to the Steering Board as we move forward
International Organisations of Sport for the Disabled (IOSD)
Supporting the Steering Board as observer/non-voting members are the additional IOSDs who are not the International Federation for a format of football:
- Cerebral Palsy International Sport and Recreation Association (CPISRA)
- International Wheelchair and Amputee Sport Federation (IWASF)
- Sports Union for Athletes with Down Syndrome (SU-DS)
Para Football has brought together the International Federations (IFs) governing the different types of football for persons with disabilities to be part of our Para Football Steering Board.
As recognised federations they contribute to the development of football opportunities and have goals that are aligned with the Vision and Mission of Para Football.
Membership is open to International Federations who are the worldwide governing body of a format of football for persons with disabilities. The purpose of the cooperation is to work collaboratively and strategically for the development, growth and improved recognition of Para Football globally.
- To share ideas, good practice and to work collaboratively to grow opportunities in football for all players with a disability
- To be sensitive to the individual circumstances faced by each member of the international federation, but to support and to work in the interests of the wider Para Football landscape.
- To foster a relationship with football governing bodies including but not limited to FIFA (the world governing body for football), 6 regional confederations and National Associations/Federations.
- To foster a relationship with Para Sport governing bodies including but not limited to the IPC (the world governing body for para sport), 5 regional committees and National Paralympic Committees (NPC).
Contact Para Football
Want to contact Para Football, just click below to send us a message